Download the application form and send it today (either print it and mail, or complete it electronically) to the Ambassadors Committee (address on the form).
Minimum requirements to be a Newfoundland Ambassador:
• Have been Newfoundland Club of America member in good standing for the three most consecutive years prior to the date of application.
• Have owned two or more Newfoundlands over a period of five or more years.
• Own (or have access to) at least one Newfoundland that can be introduced to the public. This Newfoundland must have an exemplary temperament and be clean and reasonably well groomed.
• Preferably belong to a Regional Club.
• Can converse intelligently about several aspects of the Newfoundland breed, and respond to common questions about Newfoundlands.
A Newfoundland Ambassador must agree to:
Respond to inquiries quickly – ideally within two days of being made aware of an individual to contact, which will almost always come through email.
Agree to review and make available to the public the information suggested by the Newfoundland Ambassador Committee.
Agree to recommend the nearest Regional Club as a source of information and activity and work with that Regional Club to follow up with the individual.
Agree to abide by the current and future guidelines established by the Newfoundland Ambassador Committee (e.g., don’t ever give medical advice).
Complete a very short online status report after each contact with the public.